3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

Keeping Perspective

To contact us Click HERE

Don't be afraid to stop and take stock...
What I love about this picture is the concept that something can appear big, bold, and overwhelming, yet when approached from the right angle, it seems manageable and (literally) able to be handled.
This leads me into the notion of perspective, and about essentially keeping everything in front of you.
I am fortunate to have a lot of smart and insightful friends. One of these friends is the lovely Nevie Brooks. Nevie reminded me very recently about perspective - that a person should be able to step back and fully comprehend what they are doing or accomplishing. She recommended that I just take a moment and list everything that I have going for me right now. In doing this exercise, a person might better be able to understand not only what others think of them, but just how well or poorly they are doing in the endeavor of their choice and see where they might improve or stay put and be proud. So, for example, my current list of professional-ish activities looks like this:
- Interning with a Broadway production and merchandise company- Investing in a Broadway show- Developing a project with Broadway aspirations- Developing a project with Off-Broadway aspirations- Preliminary discussions about bringing a piece to a festival- Theatre-related reading- Theatre-related movies
To type it and see it all right there, well, that's a good thing for me. I'm working hard, trying to do a lot of good things to progress my career, and I'm proud of that. Earlier I wasn't feeling accomplished, but to see what I've got going on has helped me to appreciate th
Feel free to use Nevie's exercise and do what you can to keep everything in front of you. Acknowledge what you're achieving and how much time and energy you're putting into it. Claim your work and be proud of all the things you create. By doing these, you'll either feel great about what you have thus far, or be motivated to be better (and possibly both)!
In addition to being a sensational actress and a great friend, Nevie has a huge heart and dedicates a lot of her time and energy to working at a animal shelter. To read about her work, stories, and enjoy out a bunch of cute doggie pictures, check out her blog at www.fromthepits.wordpress.com!
~The Young Mr. Producer

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder