3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

The Very First Post (Hello)

To contact us Click HERE
Hello, my name is Jordan Levine, and I would like to share with you the most amazing blog...
That may be an adjusted line from The Book of Mormon's "Hello!," but it emphasizes some basic truths:
- My name is, in fact, Jordan Levine.- This is a blog that I am putting together.- I want to share this with you!
Here is my outline for this blog; I think it's important to be clear about what I want to do with this blog:
I'll see theatrical shows and write about them. I want to respond to the design elements, the direction, and the production as a whole. I want to look at its marketing, its press, and try my best to bring forth about the show as much as possible, using links to other theatre blogs, reviews, features, press releases, stories, or other outlets for information.
I'll explore articles, post them, and interact with them. I'm hoping I can craft posts about related articles, taking them all under an umbrella theme and looking at them with a broader scope. That said, there's nothing wrong with having one article, especially if it starts a great conversation.
I'll read books and respond to them. For as much article and blog reading as I do, I am a slow reader when it comes to novels, biographies, and books on theatre theory. That needs to change. This blog will allow me to share some thoughts, but also kickk my butt into gear when it comes to getting through these - my pile of books is only getting higher.
I'll share stories, information, and news about what's happening in my world. I've got some pretty neat things happening in my world - I'm currently working for a Broadway production and merchandise company, doing freelance research for a Broadway producer, developing several independent projects, and just recently I became an investor on the upcoming Broadway revival of Godspell (spoiler alert: I will plug this show, but hopefully in a tasteful manner). There's a lot of insights and ideas I'm gaining from these experiences and I'd love to let you know what I'm up to!
I'll invite comments, feedback, and discussion. The idea of a blog as a social medium is to be social. That cannot happen without response. If a topic or opinion seen on this blog emblazons you to comment, be it to praise or slander, agree or disagree, feel free to do so. Post related finds or pieces you come across here. Post to say hello or goodbye (hopefully not the latter). Regardless, please feel free to be responsive - if you feel as if the environment of this blog is not welcoming, let me know - my email is JordanLevineis@gmail.com.
I am, by no means, an expert blogger. I'm still figuring this out. Naturally, I'll experiment with different looks, formats, templates, and hopefully find something that feels just right. Various blog entries will be made, some short, some long, some all about theatre, some not. I watch videos and look at cartoons and read things that have nothing to do with theatre, so some of that will likely find its way onto here.
More than anything, I want this blog to be fun for me to create and for you to read. Yes I want to talk about financing, and production values, and different aspects of the world of Broadway producing, but the tone here will always be light. If I write something, read it back, and it sounds too serious, you will never see it, I promise.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm glad you're here with me!
~The Young Mr. Producer



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder