3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

That Token Thanksgiving Post...or is it?

To contact us Click HERE
(gobble gobble?)

"I'm thankful for the talent in which God gave me and I'm thankful for the environment that he placed me."
-
Eminem

"Thnks fr th mmrs."-Fall Out Boy
"Thank goodness."- Stephen Schwartz
Yes these thoughts come after Thanksgiving. My first idea for a Thanksgiving response was good, but ultimately unsatisfying, like at least one of the above quotes.
It is news to no one that many spend this time being appreciative and taking a few moments to understand how grateful they are for good in their lives, be it through family, friends, a warm and nurturing environment, a job they love, potential opportunities of all kinds, or being able to, regardless of the situation, point to something positive and worth living for. This is incredibly important; for us to remember humility and be aware that there is so much happiness and joy in our lives is an endeavor we cannot do enough.
This time of year, when everyone has their Christmas decorations up, when sales are abundant and superficiality is visible basically everywhere, this is a time of year when we reach for a deeper emotion and a stronger response to our environment. Should we experience a warmth or serenity or any positive sensation sometime in the next month or so, we are fortunate enough to recognize this is not generated by our gadgets or things or places. These blissful moments are courtesy of love when we recognize the genuine pleasures of life, whatever that means to you.
As for me, I am thankful for the ability to itch, for without it, life would surely be something unimaginably difficult and itchy.
On a serious note, I am thankful for my friends and my family. I'm grateful for the support and love I'm given (read: not earned or deserving of, GIVEN, good and bad, always unconditionally) every day. I am thankful to be able to sit in a bedroom on a very nice bed typing on a very capable laptop computer in a comfortable and spacious room. I am thankful to be able to type, think, and interact with the universe.
I have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season and I'm sure you do as well. Let's agree to honor all of these things by taking the time to understand them, to be vocal about our appreciation (seriously, can you remember the last time someone showed their gratitude towards you and it made you feel bad?), and to recognize that as much as we want to be self-sufficient or independent, our success in everything comes as a direct result of the love we have in our lives.
Happy Thanksgiving internet!
~The Young Mr. Producer

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder