3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

Learning to Disconnect

To contact us Click HERE
Sometimes the way to go forwards is to go backwards. Other times its just to go forwards. For now, however, backwards...
I am a start-aholic. I love ideas and and projects and people. I love saying yes. I love the energy and enthusiasm that comes with beginning something anew. It's an excitement and a rush to find something new and work with it, even when it comes to finding newsletters or possible developments.
While I think its good to be open and willing to work with different types of projects, there also has to be a point where a disconnect happens. If you feel like there's an overload and you're plugged in to what seems like an overwhelming number of outlets (see: that guy's head), then you might always be fighting an uphill battle, struggling to focus on the important work because there's so many other objects in your universe.
I'm still learning this, and I want to practice what I preach. This week I will be reducing the number of things I have going on - unsubscribing from certain blogs or newsletters, putting certain projects on the side, and really making it clear what I want to focus on. My hope is that this will result in a more clearly defined routine and a much less insurmountable path to success. Ideally I'll be able to tackle what's on my plate and gradually add more as I (hopefully) have some positive results.
If you can, take a moment this week and think about whether or not there's something in your world that you can disconnect from. By no means should you drop everything, but really try to prioritize some of the things in your life (people, readings, events, projects, etc.) and consider what is stressing you out more than benefitting. Feel free to share anything you find here!
Happy disconnecting!

~The Young Mr. Producer




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder