3 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe

On Mountains and Princesses (Pushing Forward)

To contact us Click HERE

Nothing worth having comes easily, stars and coins included.
I want to take an entry and write about pushing forward.

The idea of motivation, of giving ourselves a reason to succeed, is one that I think is getting lost. How many of us grew up envisioning ourselves college graduates one day, successful adults the next? Were we not informed of the whole, "be willing to get your hands dirty and earn that top-notch job bucko," or did I miss that lecture? I went to most of my classes, so I'm definitely concerned here.
Nonetheless, here we are: a generation that would sooner download music, movies, and games, rather than seek any of them out or give them value higher than a monthly NetFlix payment. We are a people (we're not young people anymore, let's own this for a moment shall we?) who want success, who want to be at the top; we're energetic and ambitious in all the right ways. We crave, we yearn for, and we're destined for success. But there's an in-between we haven't yet experienced. Entry-level and middle-management, these are ideas we're still wrestling with, mainly because they're not the six figure positions we always saw ourselves in.
When you saw yourself at the top of the mountain, was your next thought about the climb you just went through to get there? Yeah, mine neither. It's just never occurred to us that there is a lot of work ahead. I don't know what I'm going to have to do to get to success, but I'm realizing now it's probably going to be a lot harder and take way longer than any of my theatre classes. Don't get me wrong, I loved my education and I'm glad to have gotten a B.A. It just seems very, very in the past right now, and that was just May.
All of this is to get me to this idea of pushing forward. I myself am at a cross-roads, seeking out employment, thinking about moving, and trying to keep myself focused. I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize, I swear, it just so happens that there's all these unforseen obstacles and distractions and hundreds of ways to improve and responsibilities and real-life, spur-of-the-moment obligations. Is anyone else experiencing this? It feels like Super Mario, except at least he could see what was coming.
Well wait a second, now we're on to something. See, in Super Mario, there's blocks, mushrooms, turtles, fire, and way more in front of our hero. But he's going for it. There's a timer ticking and a princess that isn't getting younger. He's got his motivations, and, fireball powers or not, he's going for it.
I think that's what I (and we) need to do. Go for it. We know those salaries, titles, and perks are there waiting for us - we see people who have them now (they might be the 1%, but we don't want their lack of morality and ethics, just their stuff). The obstacles are making themselves known to us - the unhappy mythical creature known as our economy is not getting better, general costs are going up on just about everything, and our days of swinging, TRL, and kickball aren't coming back.
So let's go get it. It's a long time coming, so what? Let's start it. There's learning, frustration, confusion, and difficulty involved? Okay, we can do that. We will do that. Then it'll be in the past, it'll be our valuable experience and our memorable times.
It'll be the mountain and the obstacles we look upon as we stand at the top of our castle, princess (or prince) in hand.
All we have to do is chase it. I'm up for it, are you?
~The Young Mr. Producer


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder